- 17/01/2017 article added
- 20/01/2017 edited video guide
Aluriel always had an affinity for magic. She rose through the ranks of the Nightguard effortlessly, having a natural talent with the sword. But no matter how strong she became, she wanted more.
She studied with the mages at the University of Suramar, spending her days in combat training and her evenings in the artificery. She forged her weapons and armor in the Nightwell, weaving magic spells into the precious metals.
She is the first Spellblade, adept in the schools of Fire, Frost, and Arcane.
Spellblade Aluriel cycles between three phases, each marked by his own enchantment :
On each phases Aluriel will use a different ability, exclusive to that phase
These abilities will be further manipulated by a few common commands:
- Move away from the target of Detonate: Arcane Orb
- Transfer Mark of Frost when damage becomes too high (the transfer will trigger an explosion)
- Kill Arcane Enchantments before they trigger Armageddon
No matter the phase Spellbade Aluriel will keep attacking tanks with Annihilate, a 4 seconds channel that ticks for heavy damage every 0.5 seconds.
During frost phase Aluriel is buffed by Icy Enchantment and will cast Mark of Frost.
- she will cast Mark of Frost on 2 players (usually ranged) after 18 seconds
- targets gain a warning debuff, Mark of Frost, for 5 seconds
- after the warning they will gain a Mark of Frost debuff for 60 seconds
- the player will start doing pulsing damage to all players within 8 yards, including himself
- each pulse also apply to the debuffed player a stack of Frostbitten (50% more damage taken by Mark of Frost for each stack) so players can't hold the debuff for too long
When 2 players with Mark of Frost comes into contact they will trigger an explosion transfering the debuff to the 2 nearest players (explosion will also deal some damage)
- the debuff will be removed from original targets
- the duration won't be reset
Replicate: Mark of Frost
After the first cast Aluriel will Replicate: Mark of Frost, casting 2 new Mark of Frost debuffs onto ranged players (these will only last 45 seconds)
Mark an area away from tanks and DPS so that targets can move there, explode and soak damage before moving back.
Detonate: Mark of Frost
Around 30 seconds after the replication Aluriel will detonate.
- Marks will explode and deal damage for 10 yards around them
- They will also create a Pool of Frost
- Marked players should spread to prevent excessive damage
Animate: Mark of Frost
- Aluriel will summon Frost Enchantments from the pools
- These will deal raid-wide damage with Burst of ice.
- Off tank group them and they must be killed fast with AOE
During fire phase Aluriel is buffed by Fiery Enchantment and will cast Searing Brand on a random target (not tanks).
- The target will receive a warning debuff and Aluriel will start drawing a red line towards him
- After 6 seconds the target will be stunned and Aluriel will charge him, doing damage and applying a dot to him and to anyone in the charge
Replicate: Searing Brand
Aluriel will summon 4 more copies of herself, which will cast Searing Brand with the same mechanics.
- The players targeted have to all move away from the raid
- Be careful to avoid catching allies in the charge line
Detonate: Searing Brand
- All players affected by the DoT from Searing Brand will explode, dealing damage in a 10 yard around them and dropping Burning Ground.
- Spread after taking charges to limit the damage
Animate: Searing Brand
- Aluriel will consume Burning Grounds and summoning Fiery Enchantments, which will deal raid-wide damage with Burst of Flame.
- Off-tank will have to group them up and they must be killed quickly with Aoe.
Aluriel will cast Arcane Orb which will summon an orb near a player.
The orb deals strong damage in a range of 8 yards.
Replicate: Arcane Orb
- The original Arcane Orb will fire 7 projectiles at players.
- These projectiles will spawn more Orbs on landing
- Move away from the orbs and stack up
Detonate: Arcane Orb
- Aluriel will lift the Orbs into the air, target a player’s location with a rune, and fire the Orbs at the location.
- This will deal damage and leave behind Arcane Fog.
- Stack the raid and move to avoid the detonations
Animate: Arcane Orb
- Arcane Enchantments will spawn from the Fog and deal raid damage.
- Aoe them down
On heroic the adds summoned with Animate gain additional abilities
Use Heroism to deal with the kind of adds more problematic
Frost add gain the Frozen Tempest ability.
- the enchantment will teleport to a random target and will begin casting Frozen Tempest (2 seconds cast)
- When casted it will create an icy circle around him, channeling Frozen Tempest for 10 seconds
- The channel deals moderate damage and push players out toward the edge
- If a player reaches the edge, it will become Entombed in Ice by Ice Shards and will be stunned, taking 5% their maximum health in damage each second until freed
- Attack and kill the Ice Shards to free players that are Entombed in Ice
While channeling Frozen Tempest, the Icy Enchantment takes 100% additional damage
- Stay spread out during this phase and, if possible, run out of the graphic when the cast starts.
- If trapped inside the Frozen Tempest when the circle spawns run against the pushback
- Focus dps on the Icy Enchantment to kill it fast
- When Fiery Enchantments are within 8 yards of each other, they gain Bound in Flame, which will buff damage and cast speed
- The buff stacks so if all the Fiery Enchantments are togheter the raid will wipe fast
- Drop Burning Ground patches at more than 8 yards from each other
- Fiery Enchantments will also chain cast Pyroblast at random targets (around 1 million damage hits)
- These Pyroblast can be interrupted but the add will start to move
- Interrupt Pyroblasts and use AoE or single-target cc to keep the Fiery Enchantments apart
- Armageddon is a 30-second channel that will deal extremely heavy damage to all raid
- While channeling Armageddon, the adds will not move
- When the add completes the channel it will instantly die
- Place all the Arcane Fog patches near each other, so that the spawns are close for AoE/cleave DPS