- 21/06/2017 article added
As punishment for past failures Goroth’s flesh is marred with searing wounds. With every movement this behemoth makes, his flesh crackles and hisses with unending torment, a scourge he is happy to inflict upon those who oppose him.
Goroth is a single phase encounter.
The key to the encounter is managing Infernal Spikes. They will target random ranged players.
Spikes have 2 primary purposes:
- Block Shattering Star when it rolls to a players (more spikes hit means less damage taken so try to hit 2-3 spikes everytime)
- Whole raid hides behind spikes during Infernal Burning, at 100% energy.
Avoid destroying too many spikes :
- Keep bosses more than 20 yds away or he'll destroy spikes
- Run 25 yds away from spikes when marked (tank swap)
- Players marked with Crashing Comet move away from spikes
- Destroy 2-3 spikes every time with Shattering Star, not too many.
- Goroth will mark the location of 3 random ranged players
- Pillars will erupt on these locations, dealing damage and knocking back everyone nearby
- Stay loosely stacked in the middle of the room to make pillars spawn close to each other
- Goroth marks a random non-tank player, points an arrow to them and, after 6 seconds, sends a large fireball to him
- Fireball does damage and knockback to everyone on the path
- When it reachs target deals huge raid wide damage
- Damage is reduces each time the fireballs hits a pillar (which will be destroyed)
- Hitting 2-3 pillars for each fireball is ideal
- Goroth energy will slowly fills during the fight
- Once he reachs 100% energy he will begin casting Infernal Burning
- Everyone must move behind pillars to avoid massive damage.
- 3 random non-tank players will be marked with Crashing Comet
- After 4 seconds a comet will land on the targets, dealing damage to anyone within 10 yards and destroying pillars
- Move 10 yards away from pillars and other players
- 1/4th of the room will always be coated in fire by Fel Eruption
- You can see which corner will be filled with fire by the pools at the edge of the room who will start to erupt
- Fire will destroy all spikes in that quadrant
- Male sure that ranged will be spreaded around the middle of the room to spawn pillars in all four sections